Church of San Sisto in Cortevecchia
Buonamici Square – Pisa
The church was dedicated to St. Sixtus because in the days of August 6, dedicated to the saint, the Pisani reported repeatedly reported victories: Reggio Calabria in 1006, Palermo in 1063 and against the Genoese in 1072. But the date did not bring them luck in Pisa: 6 August 1284 disaster struck the ship Meloria. From 1562 to 1565 was the seat of the Knights of St. Stephen, waiting for the new church.
The religious building is built of stone, has an architectural style with three naves and Pisan Romanesque granite columns, with capitals of the classical re-used. The facade is decorated with blind arches and ceramic basins.